Saturday, April 15, 2017

summer 2017

Image result for road trip tumblr

After finishing up high school, I figure that this summer will be the busiest one for me yet. After a long school year, I have the opportunity to rest up and relax before the reality of college, stress, and all-nighters hit me. Once the school year ends I'm likely going to get a job at Kumon as a tutor. Since I'm gonna have my busiest summer yet, I figure that working at Kumon will not only give me flexibility, but also some sort of income for spending/saving. At the end of June, I'll be going with my youth group to a camp at Liberty University. We actually went last summer too so the environment should be pretty comfortable, similar, and familiar. The hot summer heat is bound to get me super dark but good thing I don't really get sunburned. In the beginning of July, I was supposed to attend a Mission Trip with my church to Atlanta but I then realized that I'd be going to California with my family the day before the date for the mission trip. As for the California Trip, I'll be there for around two weeks. I'm pretty excited because the last time I went to Cali was around 12 years ago so of course, I don't really remember much. As excited as I am for the beaches and big city life in Cali, I'm more excited for the food trips and people on the west coast. Two weeks is a pretty long time so hopefully, the trip is a pretty eventful one. We're likely traveling to the different big cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles of course. We're also going to Las Vegas to visit some family friends which should be pretty exciting also. Other than the main places we're going, I don't know much about the specifics but I'm looking forward to getting out of the East Coast for a bit. After leaving the west coast, I'm coming back to my reality for the next couple of years. Though I am sure it will be pretty bittersweet leaving California life and weather, I'm definitely looking forward to the end of the summer. At the beginning of August, my church is holding a Vacation Bible School and I can easily say that it's one of my favorite times of the year. Setting up is a pretty big task and that's honestly where I get most of my volunteer hours in the summer. I think over the years I've accumulated around 400 hours just for volunteering for VBS in the summer each year. Though the kids are pretty hard headed and hyper sometimes, it's a lot of fun to see their growth over the course of the week. After all the hecticness of VBS, that's pretty much the end of my summer. While other college freshmen are worrying about their E110 classes in the next few weeks prior to the start of school, I'll be chilling at home knowing that I'm already set for the semester. 

1 comment:

  1. I admire your dedication to VBS and Church camp; easily two of my favorite memories! As for Cali, make sure you hit Alcatraz!

    ReplyDelete